This module provides a foundation to participants on the measures taken to prepare for and reduce the effects of a disaster. The course provides a platform to understand how to design an effective, realistic and coordinated planning to follow in case of a disaster.
This course will employ lecture, discussion and analysis. The course will have extensive use of didactic material, videos and PowerPoint slides.
- Awareness of the different forms of attacks
- To predict and where possible, mitigate their impact on vulnerable situations and respond to and effectively cope with the consequences.
- To learn to analyse the cause of the disaster
- To recognize clues fast, embedded with risk reduction measures, to increase survival chances and maximize in saving livelihoods.
- Know-how and to whom to report suspicious activity and what information is vital in that reporting.